Cool and refreshing to start your summer mornings, here's the recipe for Strawberry Soup we serve at Heritage House Bed & Breakfast:
1 quart strawberries, hulled and halved
3 cups buttermilk, divided
3/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup sour cream
3 Tablespoons apple juice
1/4 cup ginger ale
1. In a blender, process the strawberries, 1 cup buttermilk and sugar.
2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining buttermilk, sour cream and apple juice.
3. Add the sour cream mixture to the to blender and blend until smooth.
4. Chill overnight.
5. In the morning, stir in the ginger ale
6. Serve in chilled bowls with strawberry garnish.
If you would rather that we make this, please make your reservation soon and request it!
Check us out at www.heritagehouseamarillo.com